So I wasn’t happy with Hecate’s pages, that I put together yesterday. The paper I had used looked just that, like cheap paper.
Today I pulled them apart and tried again, after a trip to the newsagents for some high-grade art paper.
After some consultation with my daughter, drawing on her school art class knowledge, this is what I managed to put together, a big improvement from yesterday’s effort!
Singeing the edges put the final touch on the pages and I am very pleased with my creativity (and Drew’s valuable input). The burnt edges are a nice addition to the pages dedicated to the Bearer of Torches.
This book seems to be full of magick from it’s very inception, it calls to me to be birthed into being. I began by thinking it would be something I would slowly assemble, but the whole thing is becoming quite consuming. Even to the point of some very late nights, full of new ideas and pouring over Pinterest for inspiration.
At least now that the actual design has crystallized, I can start transfering, and revising, the many notes, spells, incantations and thoughts from my old book, over to the new version.